SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
INTENT: The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage and assist full and part-time students in the pursuit of college, vocational, trade, or graduate school goals.
- The Deadline for submitting applications and all required documents for this scholarship is on or before May 1. If May 1 falls on a Sunday, the deadline will be May 2.
- Applications and all documents must be submitted via e-mail to the Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Edye Hill at edyehill(at)yahoo(dot)com or by mail to Ainahau o Kaleponi Hawaiian Civic Club Scholarship Committee, 12534 Valley View Street, #343, Garden Grove, CA 92845. Email is preferable for submissions.
- The application process includes two phases. Phase One is consideration of the written submission and Phase Two is an in-person panel interview.
- The selection process requires the following documents:
- A completed Application Form. The Application Form must be legible and completed in ink or typewritten.
- An Essay, with a maximum of 2 double-spaced pages, should include the following information:
- A short biography;
- Accomplishments in the past 12 months;
- Extracurricular activities or work experience in the past 12 months;
- Community service or volunteer work in the past 12 months; and
- Planned future contributions to the Hawaiian community and culture.
- Most recent official transcript from an accredited school
- Two (2) recommendation letters from individuals other than your parents or guardians
- Signed Applicant Agreement
- A 5”x7” photograph of the applicant or electronic copy of a photograph
- Completed and signed IRS W9 Tax Form
Please answer all questions. An incomplete application will not be considered.